Monday, July 23, 2012

Long time, no blog!

Moved into our new house and are trying to finish getting settled in.  This took awhile because we were moving from a travel trailer into a big mobile home on our land.  So we had to move in with family, get our old house cleared out and moved out of the way and get the new site inspected and totally ready for the new house.  Then hook up the electricity, water, and sewage, and move in.  Right after we got into the new house my hubby had a heart attack (he's absolutely fine and back to work, he just frightened me a bit) and I pinched my sciatic nerve somehow and have been out of commission most of the summer.  Finally I'm back and will have loads to  post. 
I went to price bathroom rugs and curtains and such and I know I need drapes before I would ever get them sewn, so I'm going to buy the drapes, BUT, have you seen the prices of bathroom rugs?!?  Fortunately, I have a plan.  Which will lead to my next tutorial.  Area rugs (not necessarily bathroom, I plan for them for the laundry room, kitchen, and both bathrooms) that are completely recycled.  So, while I am making the tutorial, let me just give you a heads up so you can be collecting the necessities.

1) Old jeans.  It doesn't matter what color or size, or if they have stains or holes.  Wash them, if needed, get your seam ripper out and rip the seams or, if you prefer, cut the seams.  Press them flat and fold them neatly.  Bigger means a little less work, but size doesn't really matter. 

2) Old T-shirts.  Again, size and condition do not matter.   Wash if necessary, cut the seams and fold neatly.  I harried nicely asked family and friends for their old shirts too.  You really will  need quite a few.  Go with at least 12-15. 

You will also need:  A sewing machine, dark pen or marker, (not a disappearing one) scissors, a ruler (or a rotary cutter, mat and ruler), and at least 2 fresh spools of thread.  Color choice doesn't matter, it won't show. 

See you soon :)

 Robbie

No comments:

Post a Comment